I wish. And you're probably thanking God I didn't have any of those atrocious combinations.
So hi, I'm Faith, a daughter of Islam from the children of Eve.
Or at least its nice introducing myself like that- especially after reading the story of Salman Al-Farsi.
Its not like Faith's what I was born with either. I chose Faith during my confirmation when i turned Catholic. I said my shahada at exactly 3.13am on the 15th of October.
How? I did it the modern way- through webcam with two friends and thats exactly what I told the sheikh and he deemed it valid. =)
---
(03:12) Tree: | okk readdddyyy? |
|---|---|
| (03:12) Faith: | okay |
(03:12) Tree: | kk first u say and ill write it as u say it |
(03:13) Tree: | Ash- hadu anna laa ilaaha illa Allah |
| (03:13) Faith: | yeap |
(03:14) Tree: | Wa Ash-hadu anna Muhammad Rassul Allah |
| (03:14) Naomi: | yea do i need to type it out\? |
(03:14) Tree: | yep tell her the meaninf |
| (03:14) Ezz: | I bare witness that there is no God But Allah, and i bare witness that prophet muhammad is his messenger |
| (03:15) Faith: | all this time ive never said the second bit before |
(03:15) Tree: | say ittt |
| (03:15) Faith: | i did i meant |
(03:15) Tree: | =D |
| (03:15) Ezz: | out loud |
| (03:15) Faith: | throughout |
| (03:15) Ezz: | ALLAHU AKBAR GOD IS GREAT ![]() |
(03:15) Tree: | Allahu akbarrr! pap pap =D |
| (03:15) Faith: | pap pap? |
(03:16) Tree: | gunshots in the air lol celebration |
---
So there you go. I've had my first muslim month-and-a-half. Its been amazing throughout I guess. Its been hard hiding it I guess, and sometimes I just break down-Oh wait. yes.
My best friends don't know. And neither does my family. Here's a picture of my family so you know never to break it out to em if you pass by em:
The family's fundamentalist Catholic. Bit extreme on it. Got cousins these days actually having priestly-ambitions. I will never understand it. No sex for a lifetime? I don't think so.
Astaghfurillah.
My ex-boyfriend himself wants to be a pastor now.
Christians normally don't welcome questions, and the ones who are lovely enough normally provide answers which invite a thousand more questions. Well, my family doesn't welcome questions.
-Mummy, why do we ring the bells when the host is being blessed?
--So that it creates a mood for prayer.
-But why should we have a mood for prayer when we can pray without it?
--This is exactly why you fail your exams. You have such little faith!!!!!!!!
It was a genuine conversation.
I don't plan to tell them. Well, at least not in the near future anyway. I am able to hide it only because I've gone to a uni at least 4 hours away from home, and even if they drove past me to see a brown girl in a scarf...
I'm guessing I won't be recognised, as I'm just another one of 'their' kind.
The muslim kind.
Tree

No comments:
Post a Comment